I used to be a great fan of Bruce Lee, watch all his movies and read several of his books. What fascinated me was not just that he was ‘the best of the best’ but the deeply philosophical and universal nature of his art and teachings to the world. There was so much more than just the art of fighting… there was a deep curiosity and purpose behind everything he shared in his short life.
Having lived between Ibiza and India in the last two years; doing a lot of NLP Training and soul searching, I found it very challenging and unsettling moving back to the UK a couple of months ago. A lot of people who come on my workshops experience overwhelm, uncertainty and even paralysis in their businesses and lives and I got a flavour of all three recently when I moved back to the UK… with a new environment, a new relationship, ‘new weather’ and a very different culture from the more laid-back beaches of Ibiza and India!
Despite giving and receiving NLP Training when I got back to the UK, I found myself isolated living in the countryside, unsure what direction to take my business and challenged to the core with a new relationship I had developed with an old girlfriend.
Do you recognise this in any area of your life? How are you blocked or stuck in some area of your life or business? I certainly was and I spent too long in a place of indecision of inactivity. Staying stuck is stupid! But sometimes we don’t know where or how to turn. Or we’re so caught up in our own story
we can’t get out.
“Simplicity is the key to brilliance.” Bruce Lee
Bruce Lee’s antidote to this indecision and over thinking is simple action.The very powerful lessons I learnt from the somewhat painful experience of moving back to UK are relevant to anyone seeking success and fulfilment. Especially so if you live in the UK now and are experiencing any kind of stress, overwhelm or uncertainty.
Here are the 7 simple steps I took to move from overwhelm and uncertainly to gaining massive momentum and injecting my life and business with passion and purpose again. You can take these too, right now. I sincerely hope they help and would welcome your feedback and comments: NLP Training
- NLP Training Tip 1 – Reach out
– get some professional coaching or go on a workshop to help you move past any blocks you perceive you have. As I said, staying stuck is stupid. That was the first step for me but it took a while to do that… in retrospect, too long!
- NLP Training Tip 2 – Consistently open up your life and business to a new paradigm and perspective – explore new perspectives and choices; challenge your assumptions, beliefs and language; get inspired and excited. From that place anything becomes possible! I went on some very powerful nlp training to do that
- NLP Training Tip 3 – Change your environment – get into nature, go into town, be with friends, be alone…. change your environment and you change your perspective. As most problems are in our thinking, allowing our external world to change often helps our internal world change.
- NLP Training Tip 4 – Surround yourself with enlightened people who are playing with life, not just getting by – Franklin’s Law states that we become like those we surround ourselves with. Benjamin Franklin, one of the Founding Fathers of the Unites States, was correct. Get inspired, passionate and purposeful by spending time with those kind of people… regularly!
- NLP Training Tip 5 – Commit to the significant decision you’ve been putting off – what’s the biggest decision you have been putting off? What’s the barrier to you creating something amazing in your life right now? What changes do you really want in your life? If need be, get some coaching to make those decisions, especially if you are not sure what they are or how to resolve them.
- NLP Training Tip 6 – Be accountable – make sure any decisions you make have an aspect of accountability so that you have to take action, and can learn from the results or lack thereof. Remember over thinking leads to indecision which leads to procrastination which leads to paralysis. But action creates clarity. So be accountable for your decisions and actions to ensure you make progress… and more importantly to ensure you learn from your experience.
- NLP Training Tip 7 – Get feedback – learning from your own experience and the perspective of someone else helps you make new distinctions and open up new possibilities. Feedback is the lifeblood of business… and life! Ask for it. And notice it’s in and all around you all the time!
If you just take these 7 simple steps your life will change and everything in it. If you’re interested in finding out more about NLP Coaching or Training you can do so here.
“If you always put a limit on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” Bruce Lee
So keep expanding and cultivating your consciousness. The world needs it… and needs you more than you may realise!